Bisco Refractories remains ready to meet all of your industrial construction and maintenance needs in a safe and timely manner.
At Bisco Refractories our commitment to quality construction and industrial maintenance is surpassed only by our dedication to safety. As the nation and world contend with the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, we have taken steps to ensure we can continue providing uninterrupted service to our customers while minimizing health concerns.
We understand that our customers are implementing new policies and procedures to limit health concerns at this time. Our safety team is committed to working with customers to guarantee that we are in compliance with any new policies your facility has implemented to protect against spread of the COVID-19.
In addition, we are taking extra precautions to make sure our corporate staff and construction crews are not contributing to the spread of the virus. This includes putting in place new daily disinfection policies for all of our trucks, equipment and facilities.
Our Managers, Foremen, and Employees are following the following current Bisco Refractories COVID-19 Policy:
- Every employee and new hire should fill out a personal health assessment questionnaire remotely from a cell phone or personal computer.
- Sick employees or those who have any symptoms of the virus stay home.
- Respiratory etiquette – If you have to sneeze or cough please do so in a tissue, shirt or your inner elbow.
- Wash your hands often. You should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and use soap or hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect all work areas each day. Designate one person to clean office once a day. (This includes door handles, desks, phones, general handles and stair railings, etc. anything that someone touches.)
- Employees exposed to COVID-19, those who have symptoms of COVID-19, or who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be allowed to come to work until medically cleared.
- Employees who test positive for COVID-19 will be off work for a minimum of 2 weeks (14 days). After the 2 weeks and you still have the symptoms you will not return to work until you are free from symptoms.
- If an employee comes to you while at work saying they are feeling sick or they have any symptoms report this to Safety on a COVID-19 Report. They will be sent home for 2 weeks.
To learn more about what we are doing to protect our employees and customers, contact our corporate safety director John Panconi at 724-263-7639.